• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music Player file management?

foccer

Jan 13, 2010
Hi-

I ripped my songs off cd's using windows media player, and I was just wondering why every song now plays on a loop. If I go into the music player and select by album or by artist and hit play, it just plays the one song on a loop-never advancing. I tried "play all" but it doesn't work.

What im wondering is; What is the proper way to import songs? I either dragged whole albums, or selected multiple ones from my computer and dropped them into the music folder of the eris and it still plays only one song at a time. Of course I can hit the next arrow and it advances but it never does it on its own. What am I doing wrong?

..and theres no cover art. Not entirely important but it would be nice.

I can help you with the album art mystery. Mine album art did not transfer over either. It did on the Moto droid, but not the eris, hmmmm. I found an app call album art grabber in the market. It cost $1+ but totally worth it if it is important to you. It works very well. Then when you download songs from somewhere like the imusic app, you can find the album art for those too!

Upvote 0
I tried downloading the Album Art Grabber and it didn't recognize some of the file formats. I have been using Double Twist to import my music from iTunes. Not anymore, there is something better. Download Media Monkey (free if you're wondering). It will import your music from your computer a lot faster than DT and you can search for album artwork within the program. Then mount your Eris and there is an option to sync. Works flawlessly, better UI than DT.

Upvote 0
Album art will populate if you name the art file AlbumArt.jpg in the album folder.

You dont have to tag it into the song or anything. Really quick.

Secondly in the HTC player there are repeat and loop located at the top corners of the screen, when active they turn white or near white, inactive is more of a dark gray color.

You might just have repeat highlighted which is causing the loop.

Upvote 0
Album art will populate if you name the art file AlbumArt.jpg in the album folder.

THANKS!!! I wish there were some standards about stuff like this. I have a bunch of 'Album Art.jpg' which is what my Sandisk Sansa reads. Now I have to take that space out of the file name for my Eris to recognize it. Thanks again!

Upvote 0
cmack- I removed all the songs from my phone and reloaded them using media monkey. I don't know if I did it exactly how you're supposed to (syncing) but the end result is that they're on the phone. And they play they way they should now(one after another). So thanks!

But I can't figure out how to get the album art over. There are some other suggestions in this thread, but Id rather see if media monkey wil do it automatically. How do you import them? I mean, they're saved in media monkey, but they didn't make it over to the phone.

Upvote 0
Most programs (iTunes, Double Twist) will put the album art into a folder and then put all songs that pertain to that album in the same folder; thus allowing the album art to appear for all songs in that album. If you do it that way (which I think is a pain in the ass), all the file extensions have to be .jpg, as noted above by Copa Native.

The other way in Media Monkey is to right click on the song and click Auto Tag from web. If you are doing you're whole music library, this will be a tedious process. I only put current playlists on my phone so it's not too much of a hassle, plus iTunes gets album art for about half of my music.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones