• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Must have programs

whs37

Android Enthusiast
What are your must have programs. My top 3 are:

+ GrooveIP - for free phone calls within the US and from Europe to the US

+ Maps - as navigation system and for planning trips

+ Watch TV - to watch the old TV shows and the Cartoons

Would be interesting to see which three ones you rate tops.

Evernote, Dropbox, Drive, Quick Office, Tapatalk HD, Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Bus Tracker (UK), The Trainline (UK), British Airways, Air France, Priority Pass (finding airport lounges I can access), Kindle, Spotify, The Daily Mash, IMDB, Facebook are the ones I would download first to any Android device.

Additionally, there's the important bundled Apps (Maps, Currents, Earth and so on).

Facebook, Tweetlanes, most of the Google Apps (Voice, Calendar & Maps topping the list), Evernote, banking apps, airline apps, Kindle, Google Books. And for browsing, I keep switching back and forth between Dolphin and Chrome. Love them both.

And wouldn't dream of switching off at night without checking out Phandroid, of course.

Please post only the 3 top favorites and what you do with them. I know we all have a whole bunch of programs depending on our interests, but a full list was not the intent of the thread.

For me, and my top three are Pulse, and Out of Milk (keeps my grocery list) and the Kindle app.

Others that I love are TV Portal, Facebook, Mint and Splash ID.

This is really interesting. There is a great variety of programs that are being quoted. I would have thought that people use more or less a similar set of programs. But that does not seem to be the case.

Keep the info coming. When there are enough samples, maybe I make a statistic.

Facebook
Media player of some sort (MX player, VLC beta)
Dolphin browser

It's mainly a relax and non-work related device as you can tell haha.

Sky sports app
GTA vice city
Video mix
I've clocked over 15 hours on gta only got it for Christmas got an xbox wired pad and otg cable works perfect

* TuneIn Radio Pro (or free). Plays many genres of radio stations from around the world.
* Naked Browser. A browser without bloat and doesn't spy.
* Angry Birds. (I'm new to mobile devices lol).

I'm rooted now so that last entry will change soon ;-)

OneClick - an audiobooks program
email - yahoo and gmail
Out of Milk

Gosh, that was hard! to choose only three? but those are probably the ones I rely on the most.

Nexus Media Importer (allows connection to an external flash drive, and stream avi/mp4 files from it, therefore circumventing lack of on board storage!)

SwiftKey (Awesome keyboard and text input)

Evernote.

I guess my top 3 would be splashtop, Tapatalk, and I guess jet pack joyride(I have been playing it a lot lately) could name a few more that would make the 3rd spot

Greader pro ..RSS news ..
Tapatalk HD ..forums...including this one
Xfinity .. Comcast channel guide + receiver control
Samygo .. control Samsung smart tv over wifi
Overdrive, kindle, nook ... book readers
Weatherbug elite..weather

Tapatalk HD - To keep up with the forums I post on.
Falcon Pro - For the best Twitter app around.
App2zip - As it's a great app and does exactly what the title suggests.

Tapatalk: for obvious reasons
Titanium Backup Pro: Crack Rom Flasher's best friend
Apex/Nova Launcher (depending on your preference): Stock launcher isn't customizable enough.

Back
Top Bottom