• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Muti Tasking

I am new to the Droid, I just came from the Iphone and I know you double click the button to bring up the different screens.

whatever app you bring up if you don't back out then it will continue to run. Either back out completly or shut it down with task manager. Widgets help to by the way.

I am new to the Droid, I just came from the Iphone and I know you double click the button to bring up the different screens.

Some Android users like to keep different app shortcuts on different screens, so they can just swipe left or right one, two or three or more screens to get to the app next needed by first hitting the "home" key, which keeps the current app running but takes it off the screen, then swiping left or right once on the screen to the screen needed.

Others keep a bunch of app shortcuts on the home screen, (once again) hitting the "home" key to get the current running app off the screen, then hitting another app shortcut right there, or maybe in the app drawer.

Long-pressing the Home button shows the recently launched apps, generally in order of when they were launched. It's the closest equivalent to double-tapping home on iOS.

Back
Top Bottom