• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root My apps data still here and I can't see it

DarkSpam

Lurker
Apr 19, 2016
Hello everyone im new in this forum and i seem forced to post this because theres nothing similar out there,
i did a factory reset in my XT1021 and now i can't install new apps because my apps data still there, i know its my app data because is the same used space i used to have before

Capture01.JPG

It says im using that space, which is what i had before the factory reset

But in reality:
Capture02.JPG

Yes, it is rooted
I searched everywhere and no one have this issue

ps: excuse my english :)

So you're trying to free space to install apps and you think space is taken by leftover app data after a factory data reset.

It doesn't make sense to me - factory reset is supposed to remove user data. It looks like your device has two ways to perform factory reset:
http://www.hardreset.info/devices/motorola/motorola-xt1021-moto-e/
The second listed is from android system settings.
The first listed is from recovery.

** Which way did you do it? If you did it from system settings, I would retry again from recovery.

** Also I'd try clearing cache both in recovery and from system settings. Also see what other options are in settings / storage that might help you free up space.
Double check what shows in settings/apps if you're sure there's leftover app data then there might be leftover apps?
Perhaps you have a file explorer on the phone you could use to poke around and delete stuff manually?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones