• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help my device not suppoted by kies???

No guarantees, of course, but if I could make Kies work with my phone anything's possible. Note the Kies version that I used - that's important. Search Google for a download link for that file if you don't already have it. Also, don't upgrade Kies or futz with any other buttons in the program after it's installed. It wasn't broken so I didn't fix it.

- I made sure that any previous version of Kies was gone
- Assured that previous Kies folders were empty
- Searched my registry for the string \kies and deleted all instances
- Installed Kies_1.5.3.10083_66.exe
- Fired up Kies
- Placed USB phone setting in Kies mode
- Rebooted phone (just felt like it)
- Assured phone remained in Kies mode
- Connected phone to PC via USB cable
- Watched while drivers were installed
- Gasped in amazement when Kies and my phone introduced themselves to one another

Upvote 0
thanks all anyone got a link to a version that may work I am having a problem updating i search for updates and it says there is one and it downloads it ota and the phone reboots and it just sits there on preparing forever then fails again and again. i am rooted with unleash the beast could that be why it keeps failing? i am confused here do i need to unroot and if so what is the easiest way to unroot the unleash the beast and then try the update again?

thanks for the help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones