• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My email won't "play well with others"

First Post.

OK, until 6 weeks ago all of my phones had hand cranks on them. I've been studying Android 8 hrs a day for the past month and a half but i'm still Dazed & Confused.

Set up email on my Rezound using my Wildblue.net address (which uses Gmail as a provider). When I went through the config I looked for a setting like "leave mail on server" but didn't find one so I set it to ck for mail every 15 min. My laptop, OTOH, checks every 5 min. I want ALL of my email available to my laptop. I never want the Rezound to mark read or delete mail that's still on the server.

The 1st few days I found that the Rezound was getting ALL of my email and apparently deleting the mail on Gmail's servers because my laptop was showing no email for 2 days!

So I went back into the settings > send & receive > delete mail on server and set it to OFF. This didn't seem to change anything. I made the mistake of turning on the Rezound and my laptop this AM at the same time and the Rezound got 6 emails and the laptop got one!

How can I get the Rezound to (a) never mark read or delete emails from the server and (b) not retrieve mail unless I ask it to?

TIA

laffin_boy

First Post.

OK, until 6 weeks ago all of my phones had hand cranks on them. I've been studying Android 8 hrs a day for the past month and a half but i'm still Dazed & Confused.

Set up email on my Rezound using my Wildblue.net address (which uses Gmail as a provider). When I went through the config I looked for a setting like "leave mail on server" but didn't find one so I set it to ck for mail every 15 min. My laptop, OTOH, checks every 5 min. I want ALL of my email available to my laptop. I never want the Rezound to mark read or delete mail that's still on the server.

The 1st few days I found that the Rezound was getting ALL of my email and apparently deleting the mail on Gmail's servers because my laptop was showing no email for 2 days!

So I went back into the settings > send & receive > delete mail on server and set it to OFF. This didn't seem to change anything. I made the mistake of turning on the Rezound and my laptop this AM at the same time and the Rezound got 6 emails and the laptop got one!

How can I get the Rezound to (a) never mark read or delete emails from the server and (b) not retrieve mail unless I ask it to?

TIA

laffin_boy
Are you using IMAP or POP3 in the embedded email app, or the Gmail application?

Back
Top Bottom