• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My lunch with the Verizon Incredible... //Q&A

I must have been too late with my question, but were you able to test any streaming video through youtube, Hulu, Vimeo, etc.?

Hulu is trying to keep cell phones of their site. Even my N900 with full Flash 9.4 stopped working in the past few weeks. Needs to be at least FULL Flash 10.1, even though Flash Lite 4 is Flash 10.1 (lite version and without GPU assist).

It will be interesting to see if mobile Flash 10.1 works when released later this year.

Reactions: sqlgeek
Upvote 0
Oh, and two more things I just remembered making a mental note of:

> The contours on the back are not nearly as defined as pictures make them seem. Very shallow and not as big a deal as I first thought.

> The phone doesn't sit lop-sided because of the protruding camera lense like it looks like it might, I didn't spend the time to figure out why, because it sure as hell looks like it should be off a bit but it isn't.

Reactions: sqlgeek
Upvote 0
Does the Incredible have a multi-colored LED for notifications? For example, on my Droid I use Handcent SMS and I've set texts to have a BLUE LED while emails is set to GREEN. Is this possible on the Incredible?

According to the leaked manual, there are various colors for various status notifications. That may have changed but that's what I read. I don't have it available right now or I'd quote it for you. Maybe someone else can look it up and post the specifics.

Reactions: phobic
Upvote 0
According to the leaked manual, there are various colors for various status notifications. That may have changed but that's what I read. I don't have it available right now or I'd quote it for you. Maybe someone else can look it up and post the specifics.

from page 15 of the leaked manual -

Notification LED
This LED shows a:
Solid green light when the phone is connected to the power adapter or a computer and the battery is fully charged.
Flashing green light when you have a pending notification.
Solid red light when the battery is being charged.
Flashing red light when the battery level reaches very low.

from page 19 of the leaked manual -
As the battery is being charged, the notification LED shows a solid red light when the battery is being charged. The light turns to solid green when the phone is fully charged.

those are the only two mentions about the LED....take it for what it's worth, but it looks to me like the only notification is really green...

Reactions: phobic
Upvote 0

from page 15 of the leaked manual -

Notification LED
This LED shows a:
Solid green light when the phone is connected to the power adapter or a computer and the battery is fully charged.
Flashing green light when you have a pending notification.
Solid red light when the battery is being charged.
Flashing red light when the battery level reaches very low.

from page 19 of the leaked manual -
As the battery is being charged, the notification LED shows a solid red light when the battery is being charged. The light turns to solid green when the phone is fully charged.

those are the only two mentions about the LED....take it for what it's worth, but it looks to me like the only notification is really green...

Thanks guys. That totally sucks, though but I guess I'll live with it :(

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
somebody commenting on the android community multitouch video just posted, identified the actual screen used for the incredible, so... I looked it up and came across the manufacturers page on it... it's... incredible:rolleyes:

Atmel Products - Touchscreens - mXT224

and also answers the one person's question on whether you can use a stylus or not... you can. this things night and day better than the N1/Desire's screen.

screw what the reviewers are saying about it feeling plasticy. Wordie says it feels great, and i'm more concerned with how the device FUNCTIONS. it looks great in my opinion and if somebody thinks if doesn't feel good, put on a rubber case to add some weight and that alleviates that problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones