• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My phone is DEAD as a doornail

Ok, let me start off by saying that i know very little about phones/tech-y stuff etc. and i'm terrible at troubleshooting, but the phone is dead.

Basically it had been lagging and applications had been failing for the past month or so and battery life was pretty terrible (would last half a day with no apps/calls/internet usage etc)

Then i turned my phone off one day (battery level was fine) and it hasnt turned back on. Tried another battery but still wont turn on. Does not light up for "charging" when its plugged in (in the wall outlet or the usb cable in my computer)

ANYWAY. my concern is if i give this phone to my uncle to potentially be repaired, and he somehow fixes it, will he be able see my text messages and pictures and whatsapp message etc? If i have my SIM card, what is left stored in my phone that he can potentially see (in the event that he's able to repair it)? I had a pattern screen lock on the phone, but when/if its repaired, is that locked screen ever bypassed?

Pleeeease help :confused:

Welcome to AF! :)

If you're going for a manufacturer repair, generally they'll factory reset before the engineers start to look at them so SMS's, apps etc. are wiped. If you use a local repair shop, it would depend on the shop. I know when my mates have had to have theirs repaired locally, they've been completely wiped.

As yours has internal storage/virtual SD Card, I'm not sure if they would wipe that too.

Back
Top Bottom