• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root My Razr M will not root no matter how hard I try!

moykey

Lurker
I am new here so any help would be greatly appreciated! I am having trouble with rooting my verizon razr m. I am running JB 4.1.1. I have tried the suggested method using motofail2go. I have not yet had success. For some reason I get as far as the part where it says *Installing fake package... Usually at this point i hear what sounds like i unplugged my phone, but haven't. I have replaced the su and superuser files as suggested,and completely restored my phone. But still no luck. Does anyone have any information about this? Thanks in advance!

I am new here so any help would be greatly appreciated! I am having trouble with rooting my verizon razr m. I am running JB 4.1.1. I have tried the suggested method using motofail2go. I have not yet had success. For some reason I get as far as the part where it says *Installing fake package... Usually at this point i hear what sounds like i unplugged my phone, but haven't. I have replaced the su and superuser files as suggested,and completely restored my phone. But still no luck. Does anyone have any information about this? Thanks in advance!

I once had a similar problem with the M, and had to update some files for the Motofail2go program. I am sorry to say i do not remember which files those were:confused: I think it was all the ADB and Run files???

I also know that the version I used was called Motofail2go_Windows_root

not sure if that makes a difference

I am having the same issue, and I have rooted phones before. This seems way too complicated an issue for such a simple procedure. I get "exploit failed...cleaning up " then I get exploit complete every single time....any one have any suggestions as I hate this phone with all the bloat ware on it and I want to make some adjustments to the camera settings that I cant do with stock OS on it.

I had that problem on 4.1.2 ota. So I used matt's utility to flash to the first 4.1.2 update the. Motofail worked and rooted my phone. Then I just updated back to 4.1.2 ota

Back
Top Bottom