• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root My Samsung SGH T599 won't detect SD card

elpepin

Lurker
I have recently rooted my phone hoping to migrate data to the SD card so I could download more apps. I used RootV after that I've tried a dozen like "MovetoSDcard" and none work, they simply don't show any buttons to move. Then I read that the best I would be able to do is link the apps to the card (what ever that means) I finally found "Link2SD" but I could not use it because... "App2SD is not supported by your device. Because your device has a primary external storage which is emulated from the internal storage. You can link the app in order to move its files to your SD card" WHAT EVER THAT FUN that MEANS!!
So I followed the instructions given by this guy forum. xda-developers.com / showthread. php ? t = 2596290 sorry for all the spaces
I downloaded BusyBox and "Aparted" but when I follow the steps and turn on the app "Aparted" it says that
"no sdcard detected, set in configuration menu" This is strange because when I mount the SD card it is detected just fine. But if I continue and hit ok Aparted it shows me the two blank fields the first one says New partition table msdos . the lower one says SD Partition Table and both have 0 MG . I am supposed to be seeing fat32 in the second bar but not so. Regardless I tried entering the informatio as instructed buy nothing, I am out of ideas and I feel like i should take it to one of those technitians that will tripup your phone for a fee, should I? "So In the name of the gods old and new i shall do as you command for you are wise and powerful" or in more of a 21 century language HELP!:confused:

Welcome elpepin!
I moved your thread to the root forum for your device so that others can help out.
Sorry about the late reply:o
Hope you get help here:)

I have recently rooted my phone hoping to migrate data to the SD card so I could download more apps. I used RootV after that I've tried a dozen like "MovetoSDcard" and none work, they simply don't show any buttons to move. Then I read that the best I would be able to do is link the apps to the card (what ever that means) I finally found "Link2SD" but I could not use it because... "App2SD is not supported by your device. Because your device has a primary external storage which is emulated from the internal storage. You can link the app in order to move its files to your SD card" WHAT EVER THAT FUN that MEANS!!
So I followed the instructions given by this guy forum. xda-developers.com / showthread. php ? t = 2596290 sorry for all the spaces
I downloaded BusyBox and "Aparted" but when I follow the steps and turn on the app "Aparted" it says that
"no sdcard detected, set in configuration menu" This is strange because when I mount the SD card it is detected just fine. But if I continue and hit ok Aparted it shows me the two blank fields the first one says New partition table msdos . the lower one says SD Partition Table and both have 0 MG . I am supposed to be seeing fat32 in the second bar but not so. Regardless I tried entering the informatio as instructed buy nothing, I am out of ideas and I feel like i should take it to one of those technitians that will tripup your phone for a fee, should I? "So In the name of the gods old and new i shall do as you command for you are wise and powerful" or in more of a 21 century language HELP!:confused:

Try to format and do it again

Dude based off of what you said it sounds like only aparted can't detect your SD card. If you really wanna partition your SD card try mini tool partition wizard for Windows or whatever os You use.

Back
Top Bottom