• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Sony Xperia Z Still Has Not Got The Jelly Bean Update (Now available)

Just wondering about this, I have a Sim free Sony Xperia Z and still no software update is showing as available, I still have version 4.1.2.

The handset is a generic UK model with these numbers 1270-5659-6 EN

Just wondered if any of you guys have had the same issue, When I connect to PC Companion it states that the phone is up to date but running 4.1.

Just wondering when to expect it, Thank You.

It's not been released yet for that customisation code, and there's no indication of when it will be. As every other EU locale has it I'm expecting it "any day now"..... every day. :)

Thanks, Least im not the only one waiting then :) I wonder if the Z will get the new key lime pie when its released, certainly got the specs to run it.

Thanks.

I came on this forum today to ask this very question - I'm an EE customer in the UK and still on 4.1.2. Not sure where to find the customisation code on my handset but the build number is 10.1.A.1.434.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get it to be honest - that's usually what happens when I get a new phone! :o

lol only in my dreams! 2000+ hours, all of them virtual I'm afraid. ;)

That's the 'generic' (non-branded) UK firmware, same as my own.

This may get slightly off topic so my apologies to the original author of this post, but I do a bit of flying myself, albeit in C172's and other small single engined kites!

But back to the subject the original posting was about - I'm surprised that's coming up as "non-branded" because I got the phone from EE, and usually they lock their software to their network (although thinking about it when the phone boots up it doesn't say "EE" or anything like that on bootup).

So am I right in thinking you're still on 4.1.2 as well?

I'm surprised that's coming up as "non-branded" because I got the phone from EE

Perhaps they couldn't justify the work/expense of building/testing their own firmware? Or maybe Sony refused to do it for them? I'm not sure if Orange/T-Mobile supplied handsets are branded either tbh.

So am I right in thinking you're still on 4.1.2 as well?

Yup.

Back
Top Bottom