• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root My tethering isnt working

One more thing. You might want to uninstall wanam xposed before you flash the zip to avoid any possible conflicts. Also a good idea to wipe cache/dalvik when you flash it.

You might need to use the tether-avant.zip posted on xda instead of wanam xposed. Wanam xposed never worked for me in the first place but flashing the zip always worked for me. Here's a link. http://forum.xda-developers.com/general/help/discussion-galaxy-avant-t2845229
Go to page 55 then find post #548 and download the zip then flash it in twrp.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3089209&d=1419942222 I find it but the download was unsuccessful

f709e92ff463e9dd930f5deb423aa7d6.jpg
this what I got

The zip should work on all the firmwares. I don't know why you couldn't download it.
Also, a game console or PC isn't the best way to test if the hotspot is working. Try turning on the hotspot and connecting to it with another android device, like a tablet or an old android phone that you don't use anymore. This is the first step to figuring out what is causing your problem.

The zip should work on all the firmwares. I don't know why you couldn't download it.
Also, a game console or PC isn't the best way to test if the hotspot is working. Try turning on the hotspot and connecting to it with another android device, like a tablet or an old android phone that you don't use anymore. This is the first step to figuring out what is causing your problem.
I test it out htc and s5

Try this. Uninstall wanam xposed then reboot. Then reinstall and activate it then reboot. Then disable tethering provisioning and reboot one last time. Finally test the hotspot with another android like before.

Can you think of anything you recently installed, deleted, or otherwise changed that might have something to do with your problem?
Oh, also, are you on the stock ROM or slim ROM?
Edit: Which firmware are you using?

I'm thinking that you either deleted something that is needed for the tethering to work or that another xposed module is causing the tethering to not work. Are you using any modules other than wanam xposed?

I'm thinking that you either deleted something that is needed for the tethering to work or that another xposed module is causing the tethering to not work. Are you using any modules other than wanam xposed?
Just stock ROM

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422847882660.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1422847882660.png
    104.4 KB · Views: 147
All I can think is to try downloading that zip again. You might need to re flash your firmware too. To be honest I don't know why it isn't working. All I know is that wanam xposed never worked for me for tethering.

I use PdaNet+ with USB to laptop then use the hotspot feature in PdaNet+ to turn the laptop into a hotspot. No root required, full version of PdaNet+ recommended so you don't get disconnected.

Back
Top Bottom