• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root My tethering isnt working

Check if your phone provider actively blocks tethering
Metropcs and T-Mobile both use user agent detection to block unauthorized tethering. This causes you to be redirected to the upsell page when you tether a PC unless you use a user agent switcher on the PC end.

Metropcs and T-Mobile both use user agent detection to block unauthorized tethering. This causes you to be redirected to the upsell page when you tether a PC unless you use a user agent switcher on the PC end.
I have MetroPCS and the solution I posted does not get redirected. However an ad blocker is suggested as some ads somehow cause the connection to drop.

My girlfriend played WoW when we took a trip on the laptop while tethered to my phone. So games work as well. Hulu requires an ad blocker which is very annoying as ad times increase with an ad blocker on Hulu.

Theoretically a vpn can fix all the issues as the data is encrypted. Though I have not tested this because I have not had the need for one.

Last edited:
All I can think is to try downloading that zip again. You might need to re flash your firmware too. To be honest I don't know why it isn't working. All I know is that wanam xposed never worked for me for tethering.
26cc20734a57da5e412a66c54592b5da.jpg

This what I have try everything

I have windows 8 also and I use fiddler2. You can get it from here.
http://www.telerik.com/download/fiddler
Install it on your pc then open it up and look in the top left corner and click on rules, then user agents. There will be a long list of user agents to choose from. Click on kindle fire then minimize it and you should be able to tether your PC after that.

Back
Top Bottom