• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help my touch slide issues deleting messages

caiteliz7

Lurker
Hey guys, I'm new to this site and thie whole forum posting thing so I'm going to try my best at this.
I've had the Mytouch Slide for a few months now and I am having trouble deleting text messages. My phone lags a lot and is very slow due to the large quantity of text messages in my inbox, so I tried deleting the majority of them but when I did this my messaging app froze up and wouldn't respond. I had to force close then wasn't able to reopen it, and my phone crashed, so I had to take my battery out and restart my phone that way. I've tried this multiple times and always get the same results. I also tried deleting them one by one and had no trouble with very small msgs but then when it came to the size 300+ msgs it ended up the same way it had when I tried to do the mass delete.
I've heard people mention doing what I think is called a master reset but I'm not sure what all this entails- I don't know how to do it, what all it will do to my phone, or if this is even a legitimate option. PLEASE HELP ME!? :confused:

Hey guys, I'm new to this site and thie whole forum posting thing so I'm going to try my best at this.
I've had the Mytouch Slide for a few months now and I am having trouble deleting text messages. My phone lags a lot and is very slow due to the large quantity of text messages in my inbox, so I tried deleting the majority of them but when I did this my messaging app froze up and wouldn't respond. I had to force close then wasn't able to reopen it, and my phone crashed, so I had to take my battery out and restart my phone that way. I've tried this multiple times and always get the same results. I also tried deleting them one by one and had no trouble with very small msgs but then when it came to the size 300+ msgs it ended up the same way it had when I tried to do the mass delete.
I've heard people mention doing what I think is called a master reset but I'm not sure what all this entails- I don't know how to do it, what all it will do to my phone, or if this is even a legitimate option. PLEASE HELP ME!? :confused:
Try the SMS Eraser from the market

Back
Top Bottom