• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My Xperia Z is showing incorrect number in Settings>about phone>status

Jad22

Lurker
Hi, purchased Experia Z and ported old number from original network to new phone but the phone still sees the Purchased Sim temp number in the settings>about phone>status section. Is this fixable.
Regards

Yup, it sure is. :-)

Try powering off the handset for a few minutes, then switch it on again. With any luck it will pick up the correct number when it re-registers with the network.

If this doesn't fix it, a quick call to your network should sort it out. They can force a refresh that will do the job.

Hi, thanks for the help, will give it a try and if doesn't work will talk to my network support.
thanks..

How long since the port was submitted? Depending on the network(s) involved, a port can take up to 48hrs to complete. Has your 'old' SIM been deactivated?

The stupid thing I have only just noticed and yet I have had the phone and the new ported number since Oct 2013. So some time... When you ask if the old sim has been deactivated, that's a good question, I really don't know the answer to that one. I will check. My network is Mobile Life (they use EE) and my old network was BT.
Cheers

Call the network customer service. I had the same issue when I migrated from Orange to EE, and when I explained the situation the CSR requested the refresh (or whatever it's called) which rectified the problem within 30mins.

Back
Top Bottom