• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help MyBackup Pro can't install to SD card message

A

Android Question

Trying to install MyBackup Pro and I get the message Install failed, cannot install on SD card. I can read and write to the SD card with Total Commander (copy and move files). Other apps cannot be moved to the SD card either. I had to grant Admin authority for Total Commander since the install app has a path to get permissions but other apps don't have this. Also previously I had MyBackup Pro installed on the SD card and it could not back up to the SD card. One of the trouble shooting steps was to uninstall and re-install the app. When trying to re-install, that is when I got the message with an attempt to install from Google Play store. Message showed that I had paid for the app before attempted install.

Is this a bad SD card problem or a permissions problem.
Specs: Samsung Galaxy S4 with Android 4.3 unrooted. 16G SD card.

Download Link2Sd from Playstore and follow this tutorial.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2142844

Edit: I'm assuming by "Admin authority" that your device is rooted and that you are a Windows user. ;)
Download Link2Sd from Playstore and follow this tutorial.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2142844

Edit: I'm assuming by "Admin authority" that your device is rooted and that you are a Windows user. ;)

I used the wrong word in "admin authority" which should be "permissions" since the phone is not rooted as stated in the Specs. Will the procedure at the link you provided work on a non-rooted phone?

I used the wrong word in "admin authority" which should be "permissions" since the phone is not rooted as stated in the Specs. Will the procedure at the link you provided work on a non-rooted phone?

No, without root access only certain apps can be moved to the SDCard. Those apps are few.
Who is your carrier?

No, without root access only certain apps can be moved to the SDCard. Those apps are few.
Who is your carrier?

I am using Smart talk associated with Tracfone.
Has anyone been able to root the galaxy S4 on Smart talk?
One Click Root does not support my phone.

Last edited:
What is your full model number?
Settings>About Phone> Model # and Baseband.

SM-S975L S975LUDUAOF4

Update on writing to SD Card: Thinking that I may have a defective SD card, I unmounted card, powered off, replaced SD card with a new card (same size 16 G) and formatted it. Then I put the old card back in to see if I could copy some of the data, and lo and behold, it now allows writing and reading from all apps I've tried. That problem seems to be fixed. I am going to start another thread on how to copy data from one SD card to a new one (same size or larger).

Any help on rooting this phone would still be appreciated though.

SM-S975L S975LUDUAOF4

Update on writing to SD Card: Thinking that I may have a defective SD card, I unmounted card, powered off, replaced SD card with a new card (same size 16 G) and formatted it. Then I put the old card back in to see if I could copy some of the data, and lo and behold, it now allows writing and reading from all apps I've tried. That problem seems to be fixed. I am going to start another thread on how to copy data from one SD card to a new one (same size or larger).

Any help on rooting this phone would still be appreciated though.

Did determine it was a defective SDHC card. Intermittently it would work but not all the time.

Back
Top Bottom