• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mystery Bell sound

M81162

This afternoon I started hearing a noise like someone ringing a bell about every 5 minutes and it didn't take long before I narrowed it down to my Nexus 7.

There is no notification and I've looked at the settings and can't see anything obvious.

Any ideas?

Could it be network notifications?

:confused:

Check if it's a system sound by going through the list of notifications. If it's not, check which apps are running and see if you can pin it to an application.

It was the network notification that was making the sound. We have BT openzone at home and it was trying to connect to BT Wifi instead of the BT Hub. I had to tell it to connect to the proper one before it would stop chiming.

You must have the BT Wifi app installed. That bell sound was bugging the hell out of me, because I too didn't know where it was coming from. You can turn it off in the settings page for the app itself.

I would like to see an option for 'Preferred network' At least then it wouldn't keep connecting to the wrong one.

Back
Top Bottom