• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mystery Screenshots

SNeitzel

Android Enthusiast
I have noticed an oddity since updating to JB.
I have a folder on the internal SD card under bug2go\screenshots that appears to populate itself with various screenshots that I have not taken. Usually, just ones of the lock screen but occasionally of other things. This is not the folder that normal screenshots are saved to. I have deleted the folder and everything in it but it keeps popping back up. The other thing is the date stamps on the pics do not correspond to times when I have taken screenshots.

I am curious of anyone else is seeing this?

I do not have that subfolder in that folder. My Bugs2Go folder contains a zip file and a bunch of text files that look like mini-dumps.

... Thom

I have noticed an oddity since updating to JB.
I have a folder on the internal SD card under bug2go\screenshots that appears to populate itself with various screenshots that I have not taken. Usually, just ones of the lock screen but occasionally of other things. This is not the folder that normal screenshots are saved to. I have deleted the folder and everything in it but it keeps popping back up. The other thing is the date stamps on the pics do not correspond to times when I have taken screenshots.

I am curious of anyone else is seeing this?

Well it's an old Motorola tracking/spying program. There are posts about it going back to 2011. It can be removed for good by rooting, but I think it's there to stay if running stock.

It's on Moto ICS devices, too. Here's an old thread about it:

http://androidforums.com/bionic-all...s-you-sending-more-than-you-thought-moto.html

I was reading in a different thread that someone had suggested to press volume up and power to do a screenshot, instead of with volume down. I tried it out to see what happens and it seemed to just change the ringtone volume. Then I read this thread and checked out the folder on my phone and found the screenshot right there. Tried it again, and the screen shot I took with volume up and power again was also there. Just throwing out some of my observations, not sure what it means.

I believe KidFlash means the bug2go\screenshots folder Thom.
I purposefully got a new screenshot in that folder using POWER + VOLUME UP.
There was no indication that a screen shot was taken at all. No screen change, not sound, no notification.

So does anyone know what name the bug2go script in JB, where it lives and if it's ok to rename/disable it?

I have no screenshots in that folder. I tried the Power/Volume Up approach. I have nothing in that folder but some .txt files the youngest being from November 2012.

Just a strange question ... what's the clock speed of your Bionic? Mine is 1.2.

... Thom

My galaxy S4 running kitkat 4.4.4 it keeps taking screenshots by itself it took place on two different occasions one on the one I have now which just happened , has anyone have this happen to them ..

TouchWiz has a swipe gesture that takes screenshots. If you swipe left with the side of your hand .... maybe you inadvertently are brushing the screen?

My phone was laying glass side down on my stomach though both times , I suppose I should have included the in my original post...

Back
Top Bottom