• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

N64oid not showing up in Android Market

RideZeLitenin

So far I've searched everywhere on the Market but I cannot find N64oid anywhere. Virtually every other app I can think of is available and downloads fine, however... it's just a problem with N64oid.

I went to the Android Market website and still no luck... When I try installing it to my Ally it simply says "this item is not compatible with your device"...wtf?
I'm running android 2.2 whereas the app requires 2.0 and up... so what's the deal?

I've even managed to get apk's off the web and try installing, however that is even a more frustrating problem. Towards the end of the installation progress, the screen freezes and my phone reboots. I've tried various apk's and they all do the same thing... :mad:

Any suggestions? Does it have anything to do with the fact that my phone is rooted? Thanks.

After getting reply back from dev, it appears my Ally simply just isn't powerful enough to run it! :-/
Darn, well that's what you get when you buy a cheep(er) phone... :P

Pretty wack that it wont let it install @ all on a older phone tho, hell that fpse emualtor runs pretty damn good on my g1 and that has better looking and playing games then the n64 did( zelda aside :-P)

But some advice to the op sometimes its best to check appbrain market, i found n64oid on there after not seeing it on market either.

The new Android market added OpenGL checks for market apps so that apps/games that a phone doesn't support because its GPU is too weak won't show up in the market so that users won't accidentally download something they can't use.

I found the app in AppBrain, the thing is, it makes my Atrix super warm and drops frames occasionally with Super Smash Brothers.

It works with Wiimote IME too but I cant get the analog sticks to be recognized...

A mate was moaning he couldn't find this on the market, he uses a HTC Legend.

He bought it a few months before I got the Galaxy S and hes stuck with it for another year. Ouch...

Why not just look it up at market.android.com? Everything shows up there, if you try to install it to your phone and it is not compatible it will tell you.

The main problem is that the dang app won't simply INSTALL... Due to my phone not being powerful enough.

My hopes are for an update that may support weaker devices. I too have FPse and it runs very smooth playing games like Crash Bandicoot and Resident Evil. I'm guessing my phone was on the boarderline on not being able to run N64oid.

I have galaxy s froyo

I can't see the app on the mobile appstore.
I can see it on the web version of appstore, but my phone is greyed out.

I think the galaxy s should be able to run it.

My phone is not rooted.

Go figure

I have galaxy s froyo

My phone is not rooted.

Go figure

I have a Galaxy S and when N64oid first showed up on the market , i bought it and downloaded it. It runs some games at decent speed, it just needs to be updated and I have faith that it will work. Do you have a link to the market page? I don't even see it on the android market website anymore.

edit: rooted, running the cognition custom rom

edit: according to Appbrain it is no longer available on the market. I feel like i need to email the dev (who I have bought a bunch of other emulators from) and ask for a goddamn refund

http://www.appbrain.com/app/n64oid-(n64-emulator)/com.androidemu.n64

I have galaxy s froyo

My phone is not rooted.

Go figure

Im running on my rooted 4g Epic.. and it seems to be running great! of course ive only tried two games so far.. Mario 64 and diddy kong racing :cool:

It seems to be unavailable all together on the market now.. Not on my Desire nor the web version.

Yep, it's off the market now. I bought it on my Samsung Fascinate a little more than a week ago, and I just checked now for it and it's no longer there.

Same. I purchased it when it launched so have the version before he pulled it still installed. But I checked under his other apps and it's not there anymore.

My guess is he just got tired of people expecting a perfect product and complaining and pulled it and will re-release it again when it's near perfect. I don't see why people got so mad, I'd rather have a version that ran a majority of the stuff just fine and wait as it progressively got better. Something is better than nothing.

I noticed it gone a little earlier today after I had flashed a new ROM and went to the market to install it. Thankfully a backup I had still had the app installed. I made sure this time to copy the .apk to my sd card for a "just in case situation". I just hope that it was the dev that pulled and it wasn't a take down request from Nintendo. All of his emulators run so great I'm sure if/when he does push it back to the market it will run smooth as silk. :-)

The dev must be getting tired of all the negative feedback its getting. Honestly he should've never released it if it wasn't moderately stable. Probably works right for me about 60% of the time.

I emailed Yong, and he replied very quickly.

He said that he pulled the emulator because of so many complaints and is re-writing it. He said it will most likely be released in 1-2 months. Hopefully it will be free for those of us who already bought the first version.

Just e-mailed him concerning the situation with people who already bought it. He said when he re-reeases it it will just act as an update to those who already bought it. So it'll be the same exact thing as it was in the market.

Just e-mailed him concerning the situation with people who already bought it. He said when he re-reeases it it will just act as an update to those who already bought it. So it'll be the same exact thing as it was in the market.

That is very good to hear. Seeing as most who have already puchased it are some of his biggest supporters it would not been in good faith to burn all those users.

Back
Top Bottom