• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help N7 not finding bluetooth speaker . . . SOLVED

DemDog

Just bought a N7 32GD 2013 for my wife. She loves to listen to internet radio and Sirius XM while she is cooking, doing dishes and other housework.

I have a bluetooth speaker, an JBL Flip2 that we now use to listen to internet radio on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014. I am able to find, pair and connect to the speaker just fine with it.

But when I go to use the speaker with the N7 it does not work. Now I go to settings and make sure that bluetooth is on. Also go and see what bluetooth devices appear to be available so I can pair it with the N7. To my amazement the Flip2 does not appear on the list of available devices on the N7.

Am I doing something wrong or is this speaker just not compatible with Android 4.4.3?

Any help figuring out the problem would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

What do you know I got the problem figured out. All I did was call JBL to be sure that the speaker was compatible and they helped me get it to work.

Here is what I had to do:

Turn off BT on the N7
Turn off the Flip 2
Turn on the Flip 2 again and press the lighted button in the shape of the BT logo
Turn on BT on the N7 and then touched the BT bar (kinda hard to explain that) but it took me to where I could see all BT devices and the Flip 2 was now showing. All I had to do was to press the Flip 2 on the screen to pair it with the N7.

So what I really did was to put the speaker in pairing mode an then turned on BT on the N7 and paired the devices.

Well, I have and excuse for my error, I'm bald and on Medicare! :)

Back
Top Bottom