• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

N7 or N9??

angiembfl

I have had an ipad for a while but prefer android, always use android phones. My kids have pretty much taken over my ipad and I don't really like the os anyway. So now I'm trying to decide, do I fork out the money for a new N9 or do I find a good used N7? Besides the size what are the major differences? How many of you still have your N7 or have moved on or will be soon to the N9?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

I have had an ipad for a while but prefer android, always use android phones. My kids have pretty much taken over my ipad and I don't really like the os anyway. So now I'm trying to decide, do I fork out the money for a new N9 or do I find a good used N7? Besides the size what are the major differences? How many of you still have your N7 or have moved on or will be soon to the N9?

Thanks in advance for your advice!
It depends on your budget. The n9 costs 400$+. You can get a refurb n7 for around 150 or less. The n9 is way better in every regard. Depends also on how you plan to use it. The n9 has 64 bit processing which may come in to play soon. Right now there are no apps that take full advantage of 64 bit processing. But bigger screen, better resolution, much better processor, better ram and more of it, but more than double the price. Nearly triple actually. So if its just media consumption and web browsing, n7 is plenty. I never put mine down. I haven't found anything my n7 can't do. And it does it all very well, but if my budget allowed I would still go for the 9. Its just much more.... Much-ier. N7 is still a great machine, heck it has better resolution than my big screen TV, 1920×1200. (1200p basically)
Long story short- tough choice. Lol.

If price is at all a factor, check your local Staples store. *IF* they have any N7 still in stock they will ring up at $98 or $128, for the 16GB and 32GB Wifi versions, respectively, and they're NEW. I just bought one a few weeks ago. If mu budget allowed for it I still wouldn't go for a Nexus 9 as I think it would be too big for comfortable, portable use.

If price is at all a factor, check your local Staples store. *IF* they have any N7 still in stock they will ring up at $98 or $128, for the 16GB and 32GB Wifi versions, respectively, and they're NEW. I just bought one a few weeks ago. If mu budget allowed for it I still wouldn't go for a Nexus 9 as I think it would be too big for comfortable, portable use.
In my family, I'm "uncle mike" , lots of nieces and nephews!

Back
Top Bottom