• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Naked Drivers left me Naked

bhays3

Jun 3, 2011
So I bought another HTC SV and it got the new OTA on version .6 JB

Has anyone attempted to S-OFF with new ota on old version of moonshine?

Reason why I'm asking is cuz I'm trying it now and I'm getting Error ADB Failure

I'm wondering if I can just restore CWM backup of earlier version of JB and it work then

EDIT: Also when I tried to right click install on the two drivers in the universal guide it says" the inf file you selected cannot be installed this way" but i did get one of them installed by updating drivers in device manager

never seen that before...any suggestions?

So I bought another HTC SV and it got the new OTA on version .6 JB

Has anyone attempted to S-OFF with new ota on old version of moonshine?

Reason why I'm asking is cuz I'm trying it now and I'm getting Error ADB Failure

I'm wondering if I can just restore CWM backup of earlier version of JB and it work then

EDIT: Also when I tried to right click install on the two drivers in the universal guide it says" the inf file you selected cannot be installed this way" but i did get one of them installed by updating drivers in device manager

never seen that before...any suggestions?

a couple days late, I've had success s-off with the .6 OTA

here's HTC driver installer
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hbpncf2wjlnw3q4/HTCDriver_4.1.0.001.exe

try this if your still looking

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones