• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Nand backup to computer takes a loong time

rgs

I did a Nand backup via Clockworkmod recovery prior to my intention to install Leedroid 2.4. Thought I would also copy it to my computer to have an extra copy. First time I tried it the phone rebooted. Second time after running for awhile it still tells me there's over 180 minutes left. Seems like an awfully long time. Slow USB port?

Second time after about 20 minutes says "cannot copy system. Parameter is incorrect".
Running XP Pro and just doing an Edit Copy from the phone folder and Edit Paste in the computer folder.

Possibly.

Was this whilst runnign android?

If so try via clockwork recovery (mounting USB mass storage) to see if any different. Or if it was through recovery, try through Android. See if there is any difference there

Reactions: rgs
It was while running Android, Dan. Went into clockwork recovery and got the phone attached once while enabling USB Mass Storage and copied NAND backup off to PC with no problem. Only took a couple of minutes. But when I tried to recopy LeeDroid 2.4 to phone said there was corruption and wouldn't copy. The corruption was from the previous times I was trying to copy it while in Android. So I tried deleting the file but evidently Windows can't delete a file on the Android phone properly. I was going to go back into Android and delete the file there as I didn't see any way to do it in recovery, but then I thought I'd just rename the Leedroid file and copy it over. But since then I haven't been able to get the computer to talk to the phone while in USB mass storage. Do I attach the phone first and then choose USB MS or do I go into USB MS and then attach the phone. I think I've tried it both ways. Shows the phone in My Computer but doesn't seem to be able to open it and show me the files.
Thanks,
Richard

A fair bit. The Nand wouldn't have any data, would it? But I suppose I could Dropbox a backup of MybackupPro and save it there. My computer clearly has a problem reading the drive as it is now.
But wait a minute. I booted back into Android and deleted the 0 bytes Leedroid 2.4 zip that Windows had left and then booted back into recovery, attached the phone via Mass Storage and this time it connected fine. Copied Leedroid 2.4 to the phone with no problem but while there I thought I'd copy my Titanium backup to the PC. Most of it copied but than got error: "Cannot copy com.dictionary-6ae..(long number).....apk. The parameter is incorrect". So couldn't complete the Titanium copy.
Do you think my sdcard is corrupted? Anyway to check it or fix it short of a wipe?
Thanks again,
Richard

Went ahead and flashed 2.4. Does take quite awhile to boot that first time - almost 20 minutes but it came up fine looking just as it always has. Thanks for your help, Dan.
Regards,
Richard

Back
Top Bottom