• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nano SIM and adapter won't work?!

MrMister

Reading the manual of the Moto E it specifically says to use int a micro SIM, not a nano SIM and adapter.

Problem.....

This is a backup/holiday phone for me, I have an iPhone 5 which uses nano SIM so I was hoping to use an adapter in the Moto E. Does it work? When do Motorola say it doesn't work? Will it get stuck inside or something? This will make me return the phone if I don't find out as need to use an adapter.

Anyone use an adapter with a nano SIM? Any experience? Any reason why motorola say don't?

Thanks

Reading the manual of the Moto E it specifically says to use int a micro SIM, not a nano SIM and adapter.

Problem.....

This is a backup/holiday phone for me, I have an iPhone 5 which uses nano SIM so I was hoping to use an adapter in the Moto E. Does it work? When do Motorola say it doesn't work? Will it get stuck inside or something? This will make me return the phone if I don't find out as need to use an adapter.

Anyone use an adapter with a nano SIM? Any experience? Any reason why motorola say don't?

Thanks
I didn't have a personal experience with a nano sim but I've seen my friend using the same sim for HTC One and her iPhone 5 using the adapter for HTC One. At first there's nothing wrong and it seemed fine, but after a week or two HTC One stopped recognising the sim sometimes like random internet drops.

Oh not what I wanted to hear.... Did it say specifically to not use a nano and adapter as did does in my manual?

Did the SIM work fine in the iPhone all the time? Did it work after a restart of phone, or eject/put back in?

Thanks

Oh not what I wanted to hear.... Did it say specifically to not use a nano and adapter as did does in my manual?

This, I gotta read it or ask her and confirm.
Did the SIM work fine in the iPhone all the time? Did it work after a restart of phone, or eject/put back in?

Thanks
It worked fine in the iPhone all the time, it was HTC one that developed problems later. And whatever you do, DON'T INSERT AN EMPTY ADAPTER INTO A SIM SLOT. Believe me I wrecked my Nokia phone once.

My Droid Maxx uses a nano SIM. When I got it the dealer did not have any nano SIMs through Motorola so they tried using an iPhone nano SIM. It was not compatible. (Two flavors of nano SIM at that time ... mine needed support for NFC.)

Someone who knows a lot more about the subject then I should answer the question about compatibility of nano SIM between the two devices you are asking about ... especially since your manual says "don't do it" apparently.

... Thom

Well I tried and it registered ok, made a call etc. this wasn't an extensive test, also I've heard after some time the mobile signal "disappears".

My Moto E is going to be used on my holiday so I need it to work, I can't/don't want to get a micro SIM just for 3 weeks then have to get a nano SIM.

mmmm....

Follow up...

Used for 2 weeks and all was fine. Made numerous calls, texts and data (both 3G and WiFi) and was fine.

My friend was using nano sim with an adopter.All was working fine but suddenly the service stopped and he couldn't see the signal bar

Back
Top Bottom