• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

National Hot Dog Day 17 July 2024

It's just a shame that no company sells frozen footlong corndogs. That would be some serious eatin' right there. Yeah, regular grocery store frozen corndogs are okay but they're not the carcinogen-on-a-stick available only at the county fair. Ours is in mid-September and I'm looking forward to it!

Screenshot_20240725_121724_X.jpg

My state fair is less than an hour away. I always made the fair as a kiddo. I went with the neighbors who had relatives where the fair is held. I went often as an adult as a treat for the kids. I haven't been since the youngest two were in their teens.

Illinois State Fair is about 2.5 hours away. We used to go every year, they always had interesting exhibits. Then there was a 4-year gap. We had an anti alcohol governor, who closed all but one beer stand. During the day and the evening, the beer stand had a mile long line. I always liked having one beer and a brat during the day and one beer with whatever dinner we selected. We go back to the Fair now every other year.

Last edited:
For many years, I hooked up with an old school wrestling buddy that had a hearing aid booth at the fair. I would find his booth and he'd turn it over to a helper and we'd hit the beer garden. It was the only time we saw each other after out boys were through wrestling. Between crazy school stories and living it again with our boys it always took a few beers to catch up. Good dude... good times.

Back
Top Bottom