• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need help. A few questions..

Hello all. I'm new to the Sidekick 4G & am hoping someone can answer a few questions for me.

1. I can't figure out how to copy & paste text. Can someone pls tell me the easiest way to copy & paste text on the Sidekick 4G? (for example: if I want to copy & paste the text of a news article and email & it).

2. I have my AOL and Gmail coming through on my Sidekick 4G. And I can't figure out how to delete email without opening it. For my email coming through on the Sidekick 4G is there a way to delete an email without opening it? (For example, if a spam email comes through to my inbox and I want to delete it without opening it).

3. Lastly, I set up my weekday alarm on the Sidekick 4G. I downloaded two ringtones to my phone, and I want to be able to use those two ringtones in the alarm that wakes me up every weekday. But setting up my alarm, it doesn't seem to let me use the ringtone. Any suggestions?

Thank you to any & everyone who can help me w/ the above.

I'm still figuring out #1 (old sidekick was a typical "alt c" for copy, "alt v" for paste. Man...I'm going to miss the Danger SK for the rest of my life. But anyway...

#2 is easy. Next to the emails there are check boxes that are ghosted on the left hand side. If you click them they turn bright and then you can delete all at once.

#3, hmm not sure...haven't got that far yet with this stupid phone. Don't want to buy ringtones if I'm just going to return it in 2 days (or throw it out the window).

Sorry I couldn't be more help!

1) Copy/Cut/Paste

MENU+C for Copy (Menu button is top right with 3 lines)
MENU+V for Paste
MENU+X for Cut

as far as SELECTING text, it is harder depending on the page. I have replaced default browser with Dolphin HD Browser (free) and it seems to be easier.

To SELECT text (in many apps) if you tap & hold the area near where you want to Select, then it goes into "Select Mode". (I really miss the DPad for selecting. the Optical Trackball is bothersome and not very accurate)

2) I have replaced the default email app with a Gmail app since I use only 1 Gmail account. It has a "Check box" feature where you can "Archive" checked emails without actually going into them.

3) Use RingDroid (free app) and it will take any mp3 file (and many other sound files) and convert them into Alarms, Ringtones, and other files and they will show up in the right list. (I used a YouTube ripper to rip stuff from YouTube videos and it converts the audio to an MP3 which I then move to my phone and use ringDroid to convert to the format I need)

Thanks ncmacasl....one question, though. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to copy from an email when replying.

If I can't figure it out by the end of the weekend then it's official: the phone is being returned and the age of Sidekick and it's wonderful keyboard will be over.

There is an "inline editing" option in the gmail app (i use it instead of the built-in email app (which sucks)

Back
Top Bottom