• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need help importing contacts from iPhone to Galaxy S2 phone using Kies...

hustler

Lurker
Need help importing contacts from iPhone to Galaxy S2 phone using Kies...
Ok, I've tried everything and still blanking...

I am trying to add my contacts from my iPhone 4.

It seems simple enough. I connect my S2 phone and Kies shows it as a connected device (SGH-T989). I go to tools, go to transfer data from a non-Samsung device, I click on my S2 phone (as shown on Kies), a new screen opens showing the info on my iPhone, I click contacts, then click agree, then click start, it loads and then shows a red x over my contacts info and also zero bytes in size of data to be transferred - which leaves me with nothing and I close the window.

I can go to connected devices (my S2), go to contacts, and import my contacts (that are saved on my desktop as .vcf format files), and import one contact at a time - which is really a slow way to do it. Isn't there a way to select "all" and import all the files at once?

I've also tried going to "file" in the Kies toolbar and adding both the files and the folder, but I get a notice saying "the file(s) have a format that cannot be played on SGH-T989 (which I assume is my phone).

Any ideas how to transfer the contacts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks...​

This is a paid third party program which transferred my iphone 4 contacts to my Android phone and it works with virtually any Android.

Or alternatively 1) sync the iphone contacts to icloud then 2) export the icloud contacts to vcard on your pc, then 3) connect the galaxy and drag/drop the vcf to your android phone, finally 4) use the import function of the Contacts app on the phone to get your contacts to the Galaxy.

Back
Top Bottom