• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need help... knowledge of motherboard needed..

I accidentally broke my friends phone who had all their Calendar and Contacts saved only to the phone...
the motherboard got bent. and the screen/sliding section completely ripped off
from the keyboard /main body portion.

I bought a totally functional 3G slide and had a local repair shop place the motherboard from my friends phone into the totally working body of the new phone.

When the power is turned on the first screen comes up, the phone vibrates 4 times and then just goes black. We tried repeatedly but thats what it kept doing.

So we took it all apart and put the good one back together.

My question is, ONE of the chips on the motherboard has to be the storage memory I would think. The problem is I have no idea which one. If I did a local electronics engineer, could possible just swap that chip out between the two boards and then maybe it would work....

ANY IDEAS???? please! Im desperate... his whole month of August's business appointments were in there along with all his contacts... he knows not, who is showing up when for August for appointmetns and also no way to contact them

PLEASE do NOT address that he SHOULD have backed up stuff I know....
We've tried T-mobile's contact sync of which a few were there but many were not, He had nothing syncing to Gmail...
So for sure all the contacts were stored directly on the phone...

If I could just locate which chip on the board contains that information, maybe there is a shot at recovery...

Any other ideas would be VERY useful!

Back
Top Bottom