• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need Help Regarding On How to Root Droid X2

MyDroidX2

Hey guys! I want to root my Droid X2 but it seems really overwhelming and complicated. It's on 2.3.4 so I have that done. So can you guys direct me on how to Root my Droid X2 step by step. And Do I need a Micro SD Card in the phone to root it? Also how do you get the System Recovery App to install CM10 Alpha 3?
Thanks in advance guys!

Hey guys! I want to root my Droid X2 but it seems really overwhelming and complicated. It's on 2.3.4 so I have that done. So can you guys direct me on how to Root my Droid X2 step by step. And Do I need a Micro SD Card in the phone to root it? Also how do you get the System Recovery App to install CM10 Alpha 3?
Thanks in advance guys!
a few different root options for 2.3.4
pete's root tools
zerg rush (included in ezSBF)
magic md5
a SD card is not needed
links in my list
sd_shadow's (themib) [Collection] of Links for Droid X2

Concise guide to getting CWM working with cm10 A3

Are the Motorola End User Drivers the same ones that cam with RSD Lite?

And what's the latest CM version you could upgrade to? I assumed it was CM10 Alpha 3 Jelly Bean

Ahh, ok...I did the Root and I now Have Superuser so I assume it was successful. I have the MOTODX2_Bootstrap_Signed.rar downloaded on Chrome. So I just unzip it and connect the phone to the PC and apply the file to the external SD? And will I need the Root Explorer app or is it optional?

you need to unzip the .rar with a file compression utility like winrar, 7zip... for Windows
or a root tool like root browser to unzip.
then you can use stock file manager to install.

Ok I unzipped the file on my computer but there is 3 folders and 3 files when you open so which do you actually use to apply it to the SD Card?

And again, thanks for all the help!

Thanks! When I go to my SD card to see whats in the CM10 has a ? by it and the gapps has the FX symbol which is for my file explorer app. I would assume that the CM should have that too or is it ok?

Back