• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need help rooting and cwm after latest update

Briankd

I accidently accepted the latest update from VM and I cant get my Awe rooted, SU going, or anything. Ive tried Cydia, MotoChopper, another couple programs, following instructions on here from All Things Awe Thread.

I was trying yesterday and was following (among other methods) http://androidforums.com/awe-all-th...root-kernel-recovery-how-install-zte-awe.html

Im using Linux which is also new to me and that may be part of the issue. I cannot understand the whole idea and all of changing directories within Terminal but anyways, I got stuck at the "Boot into CWM Recovery." I tried doing the step after that may come before and that worked but still was stuck at Booting into CWM Recovery. When I enter the command, the phone just stays black. I thought maybe it took a while to load but it never loaded under many attempts. I realized that perhaps the update I accidently took could be the issue so I tried running the Soft brick fix with run.sh and all but had no luck at with it. I hold the volume up and power and the FTM mode comes but cant get anything to happen beyond that.

Today, I was trying to do this all over again and I cant even get where I was yesterday. When I try to run the adb reboot-bootloader command and I get permission denied.

I would really appreciate help getting my phone rooted and all. In the end, Im wanting to have my Awe rooted running the stock Moonshine rom. Coming into this, I really didnt expect this to be hard. Im coming to Android with my Awe and Nexus 7 from WP7 and Ive done similar tasks on it so I really didnt anticipate having these problems. Ive read alot here and Im confident that if the right people read this, they can help because I know there are geniuses in this forum in regards to the Awe. :)

I will try that when i get home from work. Actually, ill check it out at lunch since it doesnt realize the pc.

Edit
I downloaded the program at lunch and ran it...worked like a charm. Used SU Root Checker to check it and it was successful. I'm stoked. When I get home, I'll try to figure out what I need to do now to get CWM and the Moonshine rom running.

If you could point me in the right direction, Id be really appreciative and would also like to thank you for the help here and in many other threads that you've filled with wisdom.

I will try that when i get home from work. Actually, ill check it out at lunch since it doesnt realize the pc.

Edit
I downloaded the program at lunch and ran it...worked like a charm. Used SU Root Checker to check it and it was successful. I'm stoked. When I get home, I'll try to figure out what I need to do now to get CWM and the Moonshine from running.

If you could point me in the right direction, Id be really appreciative and would also like to thank you for the help here and in many other threads that you've filled with wisdom.

I use twrp it's in the root guide if I rember right glad it worked

Edit
I downloaded the program at lunch and ran it...worked like a charm. Used SU Root Checker to check it and it was successful. I'm stoked. When I get home, I'll try to figure out what I need to do now to get CWM and the Moonshine rom running.

Just download the latest twrp, and follow the steps in the thread I linked, the steps for installing cwm should work the same for twrp. If you can't extract the .img file from it on your pc and move it to your phone, then you should be able to use root browser or rom toolbox to extract it with your phone. (I forget which is needed) I'm sure there are other apps that can do this as well.

Also: You may need to install drivers if your phone cant connect to your pc and read the sd card, and if its just adb that can't see it, then make sure its plugged into a usb 2.0 port, not a usb 3.0. I've made that mistake way too many times.

Edit

Just download my stock device kit :) unless u dont have pc access in that case download rashr from play store and flash newest twrp then rom of ur choice... Make sure u manually format data and system;)

Just download my stock device kit :) unless u dont have pc access in that case download rashr from play store and flash newest twrp then rom of ur choice... Make sure u manually format data and system;)

what he said make sure u do or u have problems trust what he says its a must

I did same - thought I still had root, but I don't. Which program did you use? I'm certainly afraid of Root Master... TowelRoot didn't work. Impactor doesn't work.

Back
Top Bottom