• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need help with a Google Hero non-HTC phone

bfpitman

Lurker
Mar 5, 2011
I am new to this forum. In fact, I am new to ANY forum, never having used this type of communication. But I figure this is the best place to get a final judgement on my Hero.
I originally purchased an htc google android on ebay and fell in love with it. I used it for EVERYTHING...until I spilled coffee on it. It will not reboot, and T-Mobile said it could not be fixed. So I purchased another google android, one advertised by the seller as being a T-mobile phone. To my dismay, I received a non-htc Google Hero. It runs on an android clone operating system, according to my son. It only works for T-Mobile in the U.K.
The seller would not refund my purchase.
This Google Hero is a beautiful phone. The screen is clear and crisp, and the phone is in excellent condition. But I have not been able to set it up for T-mobile. I programmed in the correct PCMN code for Denver T-Mobile. But I cannot get the phone to connect. It is a dual-sim card phone, though only one sim card is necessary to use the phone.
Should I put the phone back in the box or is there a possibility that I can get it to work with T-Mobile?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones