• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need help with Contacts not displaying correctly

darkcyber

Android Expert
I have not used Google+ on my Note 3 since I've had it. Yesterday it asked me if I wanted to upload all my pictures and videos to my Google+ account. I selected yes and let it upload all of them. Since then every time I receive a call now I have a default Google+ image show up instead of my picture images I did have saved for contacts. Some of my contacts were using saved images from my Note 3 and others were pulling images from Facebook...now all I'm getting is the plain default Google+. Also, Google+ is killing my battery.

So, how can I force my Note 3 to start using my saved images and Facebook pictures for my contacts again...aside from uninstalling Google+?

First see if you can turn it off (in Application manager). Or, if you're rooted, freeze it (with TiB or Link2SD).

I have not used Google+ on my Note 3 since I've had it. Yesterday it asked me if I wanted to upload all my pictures and videos to my Google+ account. I selected yes and let it upload all of them. Since then every time I receive a call now I have a default Google+ image show up instead of my picture images I did have saved for contacts. Some of my contacts were using saved images from my Note 3 and others were pulling images from Facebook...now all I'm getting is the plain default Google+. Also, Google+ is killing my battery.

So, how can I force my Note 3 to start using my saved images and Facebook pictures for my contacts again...aside from uninstalling Google+?

Open the Google+ application and then press the menu button to show a small menu at the bottom left of the screen which has an option labelled "Settings".

Click the "Settings" option and then you will be taken to a new screen of options with an option labelled "Auto Backup" at the top.

Click the option named "Auto Backup" and then you will be taken to a new screen of options, with a blue button at the top with the writing "On". Touch that button so that it goes gray and says "Off".

Then close Google+ application or just press the home key button.

Once you are on your phone's home screen press the menu button and choose the "System Settings" option.

Then you be easy n your System Settings with a new screen of options, and some tabs with labels on at the top. Press the tab with the label "General". After you have done that you will be presented with a new screen of options, with one of the options st the top labelled "Accounts".

Choose the "Accounts" option and then you will be moved to a new screen of option with an option labelled "Google".

Click the "Google" option, and then you will be taken to a screen of option with a list of email addresses. Choose your main email address and click on it.

Then you will be at a new options screen, of which there are two options with checks/ticks next to them. They are labelled "Google+" and "Google+ photos". You will need to remove the tick/check from those two options by pressing on the tick/check until it is no longer there.

After this you might need to change the photos for your contacts again after which they should stay like that forever

Back
Top Bottom