• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need Help With File Transfers

I need to transfer files using Windows Explorer from my PC to my 700T. When I connect my 700T to my laptop, which runs Windows 7, I get an option list on the laptop, one of which allows me to use Windows Explorer, and treat the 700T as an external drive. HOWEVER, when I connect my 700T to my desktop PC, via USB cable, which runs Windows XP, the file option list that comes up does Not list the Windows Explorer option.
It would really be helpful to transfer files directly from the XP machine to the 700t, without having to go through my Windows 7 laptop.
Can anyone give me an idea how I can get the XP desktop to give me the Windows Explorer file transfer option????

Given you're getting a list up, it sounds like the phone is actually connecting to the desktop so you could just fire up Windows Explorer manually (Windows Key + E) and expand My Computer where you should see your phone listed as a drive.

I'm sure you already know that the Windows Key is the one with the 4 squares, usually located between Ctrl and Alt to the left of the space bar .. and that Windows Key + E means press the E while holding down the Windows Key. Sorry - I work in IT and sometimes you find you have to explain what to most is the blindingly obvious - no offence meant :D

Upvote 0
No offense taken. However, I've already tried opening Windows Explorer on the XP machine, and the my tablet is NOT listed as a drive.
Conversely, on the Windows 7 laptop, when I open Windows Explorer, either from the list, or manually from the desktop. the table IS shown as an external drive. I need to discover how to get this same capability on my XP machine.
Any more thoughts????

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones