• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need help with flashing zips- Rooted C811 w/o CWM

DEValken

Lurker
Greeting everyone,

Long time lurker, first-time poster. Normally (thanks to the people here) I am able to handle issues by following directions, but right now I am stumped.

My situation:

1) Rooted 4.0.4 with UnlockrRoot, disabled bloatware
2) Attempted to unroot and FDR in order to get update- I thought that would put my back to stock and on the update path (of course didn't work- frozen apps)
3) Left with non-functioning Home Key and Whatever the Third Soft Key is called, otherwise the phone operated well
4) 4.0.4, M020, Hardware Version 1.1

I've spent a week trying different things from the web- i must have reset this thing 50 times. I feel lucky I haven't bricked the thing.

I can't seem to find a CWM compatible recovery for the C811. My latest attempt was Doctoror's ROM post, but not able to flash any of the zips.

My preference would be to get back to stock, take the update and reroot. But if I have to flash Doctoror's ROM I'm happy with that. I would have ended up with it anyway, :D...

Thanks in advance for any help, and for all the help in the past.

Edit- Whoops, I guess writing that clicked a light bulb. Flashed the signed cwm for the ca-201. Not sure how I missed it. Followed the steps and now I'm smiling.

Not sure if it makes a difference or not but after I rooted my Casio. I removed all the bloatware including the setup Wizard.apk. After reboot a few of my phones buttons would not work. It seems you need the setup wizard.apk. So, I reinstalled it and then did a hard reset. Setup phone as new phone and everything works great now.
I would like to flash recovery so I could theme and/or put a custom ROM on my phone. Any help in this area would be great. Thanks..

Back
Top Bottom