• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need help with my settings for "setcpu" app

Scaling: on demand? userspace? performance?
Where do i want my "up threshold?"
Ignore nice load?
Powersave bias 0-100?

I am freshly rooted and lost. I have messed around with the setting and cant seem to make a difference. I must be doing something wrong.

I would like performance when I am using the phone, but when I am at work, I want it to save power. Need more battery life. What do all these settings mean in lamens terms.

Thanks
Shane

I don't have the same device as you but my advice would be to keep it simple. I've seen very complicated profiles for SetCPU and have to wonder about diminishing returns.

In the Main tab, I have the Max set to my max stable overclock and Min set to stock speeds. I don't like lag and this guarantees the slowest speed I'll see when using the phone is stock speed. For Scaling I use ondemand which is less aggressive than interactive and allows the phone to stay at Min speeds more often.

In the Profiles tab, I have two profiles set:

Screen off (Max/Min one speed step lower than my stock speeds to prevent sleep problems, powersave Scaling).

Battery < 10% (Max/Min one speed step lower than my stock speeds, powersave Scaling).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones