• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need Help

Arslan145

Well, since i updated the firmware to Ice cream sandwich, my phone Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-i9100 was causing loads of problems, hanging time after time, restarting and all. Recently, i've rooted my phone and changed the firmware to jelly bean. Its working perfectly fine but there is one problem, i backed up all my contacts using Samsung Kies. I have that contacts001.spb file saved on my computer. Now whenever i connect my phone, Samsung kies detects my phone i.e. i9100 but it keeps on loading... I can not restore my contacts, is there any other way by which i can restore my contacts? My computer detects my phone and i can copy and paste the files but samsung kies just keeps on loading device

Since you are rooted and you flashed a Jelly Bean Rom, then, my best guess is you flashed an AOSP/AOKP Jelly Bean Rom.

If that is the case, AOSP/AOKP ROMs are NOT compatible with Samsung Kies.

I suggest you flash an Ice Cream Sandwich rom via Odin.
Once that's done, connect it to your computer and resync the contacts via Kies.
After than, go to Contacts, press the Menu Button > Import/Export Contacts > Export to Internal Storage.

Back
Top Bottom