• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need Info from.. You in the Know!

Ibgooncrazy

Lurker
Jun 18, 2012
I recently switched phones ..to a Galaxy Precedent, not knowing that it runs off of Sprint towers. I live in BFE, no Sprint towers here. I need a phone that is Verizon friendly, and I was leaning towards the ZTE Merit 990C ,or perhaps the Galaxy Proclaim.
Im not real into tech. The things I look for in a phone are simple...large screen, loud ear piece volume, ability to send and receive picture text, nice camera and preferably speech to text.
Straight Talk offers few phones in my area that actually get a signal..I have to return my new Galaxy Precedent due to NO service, period...notta!
Of the 2 mentioned above, which has the least issues...and will last a decent amount of time? (I don't trade off very often)
Does the ZTE have speech to text?
What is TouchWizR Lite 3.0 that comes on the Galaxy?
ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED! I INTEND TO ORDER NEW PHONE TONITE!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones