• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need picture mms help

TrustSerenity

Jan 24, 2011
Manalapan NJ
I keep getting the message in the picture that I included. I just received this replacement phone today and for some reason all the pics I took with this phone I can't send a slideshow. Funny this is I can send a slideshow with pics taken from my old phone that was saved on my SD card. Both phones are galaxy s3. Verizon tech support is no help. Can anyone help me?

Attachments

• 1395707773071.jpg
    1395707773071.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 56
The size of a picture depend on the details in the picture. Take a picture, move the camera 1/4" and take another picture and the two pictures won't necessarily be the same size.

It's probably just a coincidence that the pictures you're taking now are larger.

Also check the message size limit in your text app (whichever one you use) in menu/settings/mms for a size limit. Call Verizon tech support, get to talk to someone who can give you a definitive answer (ask to speak to a supervisor, level 2 tech support, whatever it takes) to find out what THEIR limit in mms size is. It could be larger or smaller than 1000KB. Set your app's limit to Verizon's limit. (You probably got a refurbished phone. The original owner could have reset that number, and if nothing was wrong with the software it wouldn't have been reflashed, so it would still be set wrong.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones