• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root need serious help here - rooted can't load certain roms

ppbb

i have been rooted for about 6 weeks. have succesfully flashed roms, run backups and nand restores. for some reason i cannot flash any cynagon or froyo roms.

also recently my nand restore has stopped working.

so after doing a lot of reading and searching. many have suggested that i try a new sd card. purchase new sd card, reformatted to fat 32 NO PARTITIONS. loaded up sensikal froyo rom. boot loop city.

loaded up kaos froyo - got to the set up screen, where you tap the android, then it went into the boot animation again. started to freeze on the animation and then a white box appeared, started the animation again but was extremely pixelated then just froze.

is my phone ****ed? i would that changing the sd card would be the only other variable in this mess.

i am really pulling my hair out over this and just want to figure if its the phone or the way i am doing things? I seem to be able to use the phone just fine otherwise.

aloysius v11 or v12 seem to be the most stable roms for me and i can flash these anytime. but cannot seem to get nand restore to work anymore.

I'm not sure that this matters, but did you partition/format the SD card using the phone itself, or while connected to your computer via USB? If you did it while connected to the computer, try repartitioning in Amon's Recovery. Just set the ext and swap partitions to 0 bytes and see if that's better.

And, of course, when you are loading a different ROM, are you going to the wipe menu and wiping dalvik cache and wipe data?

Also, you may want to reinstall Amon's recovery.

Back
Top Bottom