• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need some help! (rooting content)

Tslide91

Android Enthusiast
I cant post on xda in the development section and the mytouch 4g forum is too slow, so im posting here.

Im having trouble getting s=off with mytouch 4g. Im permarooted using the visionary method, but it still says s=on.

Clockwork wont run, it just goes to the red ! over the phone icon.

Also, ADB push wont work, it keeps saying permission denied.

Visionary wont unroot either. Help would be appreciated!

Thanks

I'd be glad to send your question to the place where the folks know. Follow the link! I want to warmly welcome you to Android Forums! :)

Yes, ive tried just about everything.

I cant adb push gfree into /data/local, and I cant move it even with a root file explorer.

Keep trying the link that devilasu left. I had the same issue and had to root 3 time to get the s=off. I did come down to getting sdk downloaded and pushing it through.

Yes, ive tried just about everything.

I cant adb push gfree into /data/local, and I cant move it even with a root file explorer.

Okay only thing i can think of would be to give this a try. This is a conversation that i had with ash a while back.

At first I just used The Unlockr's method which is using Visionary. (How To: Gain Permanent Root and S-OFF on the T-Mobile MyTouch 4G / HTC Glacier | TheUnlockr) I got temproot that way and then tried to get S-Off, but when I rebooted into the bootloader I was still stuck on S-On.

I did some research and realized the reason for that was because I had an updated bootloader, so I followed these instructions using the gfree method (How To: PermaRoot and Unlock Your myTouch 4G - BriefMobile) and just skipped step 6 because I was already temprooted. After following those last instructions when I restarted and made sure I had S-Off, I rebooted then opened visionary again, unchecked temproot on boot and then ran Attempt perm root

Check out the links and hopefully something should work. Something has to give. LOL

Ill be honest with you I dont. I have not rooted so i have not come across them issues. Hopefully someone here has and knows a way around it. Sorry.

I think I read somewhere that if the phone had the OTA update it's fine, but if it came factory with 2.2.1, the radio is different, so it didn't work. But that's what I read, doesn't mean it's true.

I guess I'm not too bummed, I at least got the bloatware off, and there's always LauncherPro to keep it looking nice even though it's the same rom. Really would like to be able to flast a new one, but for some reason I can't.

I think I read somewhere that if the phone had the OTA update it's fine, but if it came factory with 2.2.1, the radio is different, so it didn't work. But that's what I read, doesn't mean it's true.

I guess I'm not too bummed, I at least got the bloatware off, and there's always LauncherPro to keep it looking nice even though it's the same rom. Really would like to be able to flast a new one, but for some reason I can't.

At least your rooted right? Anywho just keep an eye open and hopefully someone out there will make it very simple for us to get perm root. Maybe a one click method.....

^i used the visionary method, which is as close to one-click as it gets.

Im glad theres no super easy method. Plenty of idiots would be destroying their phones

Back
Top Bottom