• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need some help with a data issue

KageBeast

Android Expert
So I flashed vanir rom for t599 variants and for some reason I've been having a data issue where my 4g rarely works. Never happened before I flashed the rom but as soon as I flashed it I started having the problem. So I was wondering is there any way to reset data settings or set them back to stock if they were somehow changed?

So I flashed vanir rom for t599 variants and for some reason I've been having a data issue where my 4g rarely works. Never happened before I flashed the rom but as soon as I flashed it I started having the problem. So I was wondering is there any way to reset data settings or set them back to stock if they were somehow changed?

What recovery you use

I'm pretty sure it's not a recovery problem...

Hey, Kage! The 4g issue is present in all custom built AOSP ROMs. 4g will usually show as an "H". I believe this is referring to HSPA. You can also try to switch to metro's APN. You can do so by going into settings> wireless and networks > APNs > and selecting your APN.

Hey, Kage! The 4g issue is present in all custom built AOSP ROMs. 4g will usually show as an "H". I believe this is referring to HSPA. You can also try to switch to metro's APN. You can do so by going into settings> wireless and networks > APNs > and selecting your APN.

Oh thanks I didn't know that. I was just always expecting 4g to show since 3g shows.

I think I read somewhere that this is not actually a 4G phone. It is one of the first MetroPCS phones to use T-Mobile's network, which means GSM and HSPA, instead of CDMA and LTE. And that's why when you use another ROM it (correctly?) shows "3G" or "H" instead of "4G" as it does on stock, which is actually kind of BS.

Back
Top Bottom