• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need some help with my Z

Pyper70

Lurker
Jul 12, 2012
I am not new to opening stuff up and modifying it, usually hardware wise. Software is a whole different thing to me. I had a Dell PDA back in the day and it bricked as I tried updating it from WinMo 5 to WinMo 6 so please accept my hesitation in this upgrade.

I have the Z for over a year now and I love it. I love my keyboard and everything about it. I have a 16GB sD-card in it and it handles most everything I throw at it. I am kinda fed up with opening my home screen and it sits there with the loopty loop "LOADING" for 30 seconds. If I need to make a call, I don't wanna wait half a minute.

I am also kinda ticked off that after I take a picture, I can't view it in my album. I have to go to Menu>Settings>SD Card>Unmount SD Card....then remount it in order to gain access to my album. Just this morning I had to do it twice in order to send two videos I pulled yesterday.

I have no idea which root to go with. I don't want to lose any applications but I can always reinstall them. I have one that I bought on Market called nDrive and its for GPS mapping. Spent $20 on it. Will it work on a rooted phone?

Will my camera/video work? I know i have an 800MHz processor and HTC is looking at it with one eye on giving it the ICS upgrade. I currently have 2.3.3.

Whats my best attack method. Is there a link someone can supply with the most flawless instructions and links to software/driver downloads?

What other items of the phone will I possibly be missing?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones