• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root need some input on device upgrade

3finger

ok, I hate to say it, and as much as I love my lil admire, 3g for what it's worth isn't curing it anymore.. I'm getting a new device for Christmas, but a little community input would be helpful.. which metro 4g device has allot of deving going on? I'd like to find something that has the dev support behind it like this one did for the longest time.. I'm keeping this for backup, photos and daily wifi surfing, but time's come to step up the hardware..

ok, I hate to say it, and as much as I love my lil admire, 3g for what it's worth isn't curing it anymore.. I'm getting a new device for Christmas, but a little community input would be helpful.. which metro 4g device has allot of deving going on? I'd like to find something that has the dev support behind it like this one did for the longest time.. I'm keeping this for backup, photos and daily wifi surfing, but time's come to step up the hardware..

Lot of Dev support? SGSIII... bout it....

Great phone, locked bootloader with some Dev suport? LG Motion...

Hm you don't necessarily need a phone with a lot of dev support. But yeah i'd also recommend the s3 or motion just because they're ics.

Galaxy S3 (MetroPCS) , LG Esteem (MetroPCS) , LG Connect (MetroPCS) - the esteem,galaxys3 has major dev support.... lots of roms and things to play with, cm10,cm9 etc

Galaxy S3 (MetroPCS) , LG Esteem (MetroPCS) , LG Connect (MetroPCS) - the esteem,galaxys3 has major dev support.... lots of roms and things to play with, cm10,cm9 etc

yeah but keep in mind when you're choosing that the esteem and motion have shit battery life :)

yeah but keep in mind when you're choosing that the esteem and motion have shit battery life :)

depends on how you use it, because i had the esteem and the battery life always lasted and it was overclocked but then again if your going for speed then you battery life is going to decrease tremendously.

I was checking out the motion threads and seems lg is giving the runaround on on unlocking the bootloader.. shame.. but fully functioning cm10 on the s3? is it true? I'd be running cm7 and keep this phone another year if it was fully functional straight out of flashing.. since the boss is buying it as a business writeoff, think I may go with the sgs3 and just swap numbers.. pity though, the motion doesnt seem too bad, except for the locked bootloader..

I was checking out the motion threads and seems lg is giving the runaround on on unlocking the bootloader.. shame.. but fully functioning cm10 on the s3? is it true? I'd be running cm7 and keep this phone another year if it was fully functional straight out of flashing.. since the boss is buying it as a business writeoff, think I may go with the sgs3 and just swap numbers.. pity though, the motion doesnt seem too bad, except for the locked bootloader..

the S3 is doing much better for obvious reason lol and they already have a few working roms such as black bean, oakp, and cm. i believe cm still have a few bugs that they are working on but they are pretty much nightly builds with full dev support from actual CM team. so if wont be too long before its fully operational, unless it already is lol

Back
Top Bottom