• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need volume control app

sastek

Jul 17, 2010
Hi all. I'm looking for a volume control app (or apps that work together) to

1) Change volumes, vibrate etc at certain times
2) Lock the volume slider (i'm fed up constantly changing the ringer vol)

I have looked through loads of apps but haven't seen one that does both, and if I use 2 seperate programs they fight with each other.

I'd prefer one with a widget but not a deal breaker

Edit - should have said that I currently use Timeriffic for the volume settings/timing and Volume Locker for the locking.

I'm not sure of an app which locks out the volume slider, but I use Sound Manager. I have various profiles set which alter/turn off the volume for anything I choose, at various points in the day, then back on afterwards. Its been reliable and simple to use.

Since it doesn't have a lock function, it also doesn't have a widget, but everything else is automatic.

Perhaps you can try emailing the dev, and suggest the inclusion of a lock option. I've emailed a dev before with such suggestions, and they've gone ahead and implemented them after agreeing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones