• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

netflix capable?

there are 3 versions of bootleg Netflix Tweaks to force the new Android version to work on other phones. I could not get any to work on The SK4G. Seems to like Android 2.3 more than 2.2 -- perhaps after the 2.3 upgrade (whenever it finally hits Samsung devices - lol ) the Android Netflix App will finally work.

Yeah it would be nice. I just got the app on my G2, I don't keep up with updates to often so I didn't even know I could get it....then a day later bought the SK4....only fix so far seems to be to change out my smart cards for the time being.

Think it will be as easy as the update roll out to get us on track with Netflix?

I have tried all the "XDA Developers page 202" versions on my Samsung Sidekick 4G, none of them work (though I LOVE the landscape mode!) they all crash after I log in.

the version that works the "best" so far on this device is "netflix122 mod2.apk"

netflix122-mod2.apk

It goes to the netflix interface (portrait mode only):

SC20110705-105126.png

When I select a title, it goes into landscape mode to load the video:

SC20110705-111142.png

Then it gives me the error message that it cannot communicate with the Netflix servers:

SC20110705-111234.png

I am using a NON-Rooted Sidekick 4G

Even though you can't actually PLAY titles, it will be helpful in updating your Queue -- soon it will be the ONLY way to update your queue on your android app other than the browser: Hacking NetFlix : Netflix Removing DVD-Related Features from Netflix Open API

Any suggestions to get this app or any of the others working on this phone?

It is 480x800 res so HiDef is not needed (but landscape would be wonderful).

Newest version WORKS!!! get the mod version (allows rotation Portrait and landscape for selection and viewing)

[APP] [Netflix V1.3] Netflix Rotation Enabled Apps w/ Colored Loading Screens - xda-developers

Netflix-Rotation-Black-V1.3.apk
Netflix-Rotation-Blue-V1.3.apk
Netflix-Rotation-Green-V1.3.apk
Netflix-Rotation-Orange-V1.3.apk
Netflix-Rotation-Pink-V1.3.apk
Netflix-Rotation-Red-V1.3.apk

(select the color to chage the splash screen color)

Warning - first time loading it takes a LONG time to load up. be patient. Reboot phone if needed. But it DOES work (and this is BEFORE the new Firmware update)

Just giving everyone a heads up in case you have not noticed.....

The Sidekick 4G is now 100% Netflix capable so you can download the official app from the market!

Good to know, but the default app has forced orientation - Portrait for search features, landscape for playback. app I posted has both orientations for both functions.

Good to know, but the default app has forced orientation - Portrait for search features, landscape for playback. app I posted has both orientations for both functions.

Well if you need the different orientations then by all means use that version. The only thing I don't like about it is the generic icon. I tried using APK edit to change it but it did not work.

Back
Top Bottom