• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Never ending picture download (barber pole in 'ongoing' section of pulldown)

cheg

Lurker
Hi all

My phone has this weird thing happening. For the last 4 days I've had this B3.gif image 'downloading' constantly in the 'ongoing' section of the pulldown. I've tried all sorts of ways to fix the issue such as reboots, battery pulls, long press and side swipes on download, deleting the email which I think might have contained a B3.gif file but nothing can be done to get rid of that barber pole! I think it might even be putting a strain on my battery.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-09-26-15-38-21.png
    Screenshot_2012-09-26-15-38-21.png
    111.4 KB · Views: 107
Hi all

My phone has this weird thing happening. For the last 4 days I've had this B3.gif image 'downloading' constantly in the 'ongoing' section of the pulldown. I've tried all sorts of ways to fix the issue such as reboots, battery pulls, long press and side swipes on download, deleting the email which I think might have contained a B3.gif file but nothing can be done to get rid of that barber pole! I think it might even be putting a strain on my battery.

Any ideas?
Have you tried killing running apps one at a time and looking to see if the download goes away?

What did you install or click on that started the download?

I would consider installing Avast Antivirus which will scan all of the apps for bad things.

This may not be the answer that you want, but a reset to default will fix it for sure.

NOTE: DEFAULT AND WIPE WILL ERASE EVERYTHING ON YOUR PHONE. BACKUP YOUR DATA FIRST!

Back
Top Bottom