• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New and really lost!

Hiya,
I've just got a sony x10i and am sooo confused. Ive never had an android phone before so have a lot 2 learn. Im mostly confused about apps and internet usage. My contract is 750gb a month,firstly i dont understand how much internet time this works out? If i download apps do i then go back on the internet everytime i use them? Any answers 2 any of this wud be really helpful and any other tips wud b great. Thanks. x :confused:

Hiya,
I've just got a sony x10i and am sooo confused. Ive never had an android phone before so have a lot 2 learn. Im mostly confused about apps and internet usage. My contract is 750gb a month,firstly i dont understand how much internet time this works out? If i download apps do i then go back on the internet everytime i use them? Any answers 2 any of this wud be really helpful and any other tips wud b great. Thanks. x :confused:

1. There is no way your contract is 750GB/month.

2. If the app you download uses the internet then yes it will connect to the internet to update or retrieve information. If it's an app that doesn't need the internet to operate then it won't.

Lol sorry must be 750 mb?

Sounds more like it :p

Also, just because it pisses me off slightly, it should be MB. MB is megabyte, mb is millibit, which doesn't exist ;)

750MB a month should be fine for you. I have a FUP of 500MB/month and for the first few months of owning my phone, I kept track of how much I was using. I stopped bothering a while back. I visit many picture heavy sites, stream music, watch Youtube, etc and O2 have never contacted me for using too much...

Unless you are an extremely heavy user, you should be fine. Use WiFi whenever you can.

With 700MB, you should be fine with surfing the net and getting updates (every __ min/hr interval) from facebook, news, twitters, the works. If you like streaming (music, youtube etc) then you should do those on WIFI as it becomes more intensive. If you're going to use your phone as a GPS for an extended period, keep track of the usage. Download 3G watchdog to keep track of your 3G usage. There are other on the market that tracks other things as well for you (SMS, phone calls, wifi usage etc).

I've moved your thread to the X10 forum, so if you have further questions pertaining to your X10, please post here :)

Hi Becki and welcome to the X10 forum.

As previous posters have supplied 750MB is plenty. I have got 3g a month and have never got anywhere near that, even using my phone tethered to my netbook to use the internet.

I use 3g Watchdog to keep an eye on what I use plus use wifi when I am at home but would probably be safe doing all usage on my data plan.

As you are new to Android and the X10, please feel free to shout if you come across anything else you aren't sure about. In the meantime, enjoy your phone!

Back
Top Bottom