• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New android phones (except Samsung)

uzee

May 14, 2010
Scotland
Hi

I have always had Samsung Android phones, the contract for my current S5 will be finished soon.

I want to stick to Android but feel like a change, im considering a Sony, LG or other phones.

This time im looking for a phone by judging on it's exterior. As on the interior side of things Android will be the same and the spec will be fine (whichever phone i get).

Some which looks good, different, stylish and possibly good material.

Can anyone reccomend any current or upcoming models?

PS - I'm in UK if this helps.

Usman

If you're not going Samsung I suggest the HTC 10. I know LG has been making great phones lately, but something about the 10 makes me want it more than the G5. It looks prettier, I'm not really swayed by the modular design of the LG, and the speakers are awesome without the need for a separate module. Plus it's at least barely more water resistant than the G5. It's got an IP53 rating after all. The G5 on several reviews, the magic slot cover didn't line up perfectly, so it's a bit worrisome to use when caught out in the rain.

Upvote 0
If you're not going Samsung I suggest the HTC 10. I know LG has been making great phones lately, but something about the 10 makes me want it more than the G5. It looks prettier, I'm not really swayed by the modular design of the LG, and the speakers are awesome without the need for a separate module. Plus it's at least barely more water resistant than the G5. It's got an IP53 rating after all. The G5 on several reviews, the magic slot cover didn't line up perfectly, so it's a bit worrisome to use when caught out in the rain.

I understand HTC has awesome sound because they are in collaboration with Harmon kardon.
But for physical appearance and feel...I concur with slug. the g5 is pretty awesome.
I, myself, will never stray from Samsung. Especially my edge. I think the s7 edge has the best of all worlds.
But if I did, it would be the g5.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones