• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New! ASTRO can read HTML with Graphics!

tiredhiker

Jan 3, 2009
New! ASTRO file manager can now read / show HTML with Graphics! Now I can use a PC (still not my phone but browswers fault not ASTRO's) to download a website and put it on my sdcard.
With ASTRO I can now read the HTML, change anything I need to in a notepad program, then with ASTRO display it as a webpage on the phone and if happy with it I can use a FTP program to upload it to my server for the world to see...
PS, I can understand why my FLASH does not work but do not understand why Animated GIFs don't work. They show but do not animate.
If there is a developer out there maybe a "Browser Tool" Application could add to the G1's browsers (chrome mini and Opera) what is missing on them like the ability to read the source and download complete websites.
AGAIN THANKS ARTRO !!!

New! ASTRO file manager can now read / show HTML with Graphics! Now I can use a PC (still not my phone but browswers fault not ASTRO's) to download a website and put it on my sdcard.
With ASTRO I can now read the HTML, change anything I need to in a notepad program, then with ASTRO display it as a webpage on the phone and if happy with it I can use a FTP program to upload it to my server for the world to see...
PS, I can understand why my FLASH does not work but do not understand why Animated GIFs don't work. They show but do not animate.
If there is a developer out there maybe a "Browser Tool" Application could add to the G1's browsers (chrome mini and Opera) what is missing on them like the ability to read the source and download complete websites.
AGAIN THANKS ARTRO !!!

I doubt that the current browser supports "add-ins" like most browsers --- and since the default browser is a hybrid --- doubt if anyone is out there reverse-engineering it to figure out if they can get it to accept add-ins written by "who?" ...

Think we will just have to wait on this one ...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones