• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New Battery, Can someone approve?

I received a new battery from Verizon, and I want to make sure that the drainage is normal.

So at school, the battery seems to drain a lot more than normal, maybe because of all the different cell phones hogging the service, and the struggle for service lowers the battery power. To manage this, I decided to turn airplane mode on for the whole day. This means that after school, I still have the whole bar on the top, or occasionally 1 layer down from full.

Now, at 8:00, with normal/moderate usage after school until now, the battery is down to half down. Do you think that this is normal or a little bit far from how it should be, and if so, suggestions?

Thanks in advance..
Jeff :)

Battery life seems to get get better over time, it took mine a couple weeks to really get up to full speed.

That said, you don't have to put it in Airplane mode - just turn off un-needed functions (wifi, bluetooth, gps, etc) when not needed, and make sure none of your apps are polling automatically. Email accounts are particularly nasty battery hogs when they constantly check in with their home servers.

Battery life seems to get get better over time, it took mine a couple weeks to really get up to full speed.

That said, you don't have to put it in Airplane mode - just turn off un-needed functions (wifi, bluetooth, gps, etc) when not needed, and make sure none of your apps are polling automatically. Email accounts are particularly nasty battery hogs when they constantly check in with their home servers.

What about apps that automatically run in the background, i.e. Beautiful Widgets or something of the sort? Is there a way to shut those off during the day?

Back
Top Bottom